1. Where is the camp located?
Sunny Acres Day Camp is located at John Abbott College in Saint-Anne de Bellevue.
2. What are the camp hours?
Regular camp hours: 9:00am-3:30pm.
Drop off: 8:50am-9:10am
Pick up: 3:20pm-3:40pm
3. Are camp fees tax deductible?
Yes, you will receive a Releves 24 in February for camp fees and extended day fees (if you provide your SIN)
4. How old is the staff?
The staff range in age between 17 and 30.
5. What are the camper/staff ratios?
Sunny Starters (3-4 year olds) 5:1
Junior Camp (Grade 1-2) 9:1
Intercamp (Grade 3-4) 9:1
Senior Camp (Grade 5-6) 9:1
Specialty Camps 9:1
6. If I want to pick up my child early from camp, what’s the best way to do this?
You can call the camp and let us know what time you’re coming and we will have your child in the office ready and waiting for you.
7. How often does my child have swimming lessons?
Campers swim every day in every program we offer. They have lessons and free swim from Monday to Friday.
8. What if I don’t know what swimming level my child is in?
If you do not indicate a swimming level on the registration form, we will test them on their first day.
9. Can I register my child for one week of camp only?
Our programs require a 2 week minimum registration. The 2 weeks do not have to be consecutive unless they are being registered for Hip Hop Kidz or Broadway Bound.
10. If my child is on the bus, how will I know when they will be picked up and dropped off?
If your child is on the bus, the camp office will contact you on the Friday of the week before to give you an approximate time when the bus will arrive at your door. Buses leave camp at approximately 3:30PM every day.
11. How would I go about changing my child’s registration or cancelling if I have to?
You can make additions to your child’s registration at any point. Once camp is in session all additional weeks in our traditional program will be charged the full rate of $275.00/week. There is no charge at any time to change weeks within the same program. If at any point you need to cancel your registration in part, or in whole, please contact the camp office. There is a administration fee of $50.00 per each week cancelled.
12. Can I register my child in more than one program?
That’s the beauty about Sunny Acres. We offer many different programs and we encourage you to mix and match to try them all!
13. Do you take the campers on field trips?
Teen Zone (Campers in Grade 7-8) get to go on field trips.
14. What if I can’t pick up my child by 3:40pm?
If you are late, your child will be brought to our extended day service in the Casgrain building. You can pick them up anytime before 6pm.