1. Where is the camp located?
Sunny Acres Day Camp is located at John Abbott College in Saint-Anne de Bellevue.
2. What are the camp hours?
Regular camp hours:
9:00 am-3:30 pm.
8:50 am-9:10 am
3:20 pm-3:40 pm
7:30 am-8:30 am: $6.00.
4:00 pm-5:00 pm: $6.00
5:00 pm-6:00 pm: $6.00
3. Are camp fees tax deductible?
Yes, you will receive a Releves 24 in February for camp fees and extended day fees (if you provide your SIN).
4. How old is the staff?
The staff range in age between 17 and 30.
5. What are the camper/staff ratios?
Sunny Starters (3-4-year-olds) 5:1
Junior Camp (Grade 1-2) 9:1
Intercamp (Grade 3-4) 9:1
Senior Camp (Grade 5-6) 9:1
Specialty Camps 9:1
6. If I want to pick up my child early from camp, what’s the best way to do this?
You can call the camp and let us know what time you’re coming and we will have your child in the office ready and waiting for you.
7. How often does my child have swimming lessons?
Campers swim every day in every program we offer. They have lessons and free-swim from Monday to Friday.
8. What if I don’t know what swimming level my child is in?
If you do not indicate a swimming level on the registration form, we will test them on their first day.
*** Assuming that there are no longer COVID restrictions in place ***
9. Can I register my child for one week of camp only?
Our programs require a 2-week minimum registration. The two weeks do not have to be consecutive unless they are being registered for Hip Hop Kidz or Broadway Bound.
10. If my child is on the bus, how will I know when they will be picked up and dropped off?
If your child is on the bus, the camp office will contact you on the Friday of the week before to give you an approximate time of when the bus will arrive at the central locations. Buses leave camp at approximately 3:30 pm every day.
11. How would I go about changing my child’s registration or canceling if I have to?
You can make additions to your child’s registration at any point by visiting the registration portal and logging into your account. There is no charge at any time to change weeks (however, some programs and weeks may be full). If at any point you need to cancel your registration in part, or in whole, please contact the camp office. After May 1st, 2022, there will be an administration fee of $50.00 per week for each week that is canceled.
12. Can I register my child in more than one program?
That’s the beauty of Sunny Acres. We offer many different programs and we encourage you to mix and match to try them all!
13. Do you take the campers on field trips?
Teen Zone (Campers in Grades 7-8) get to go on field trips.
14. What if I can’t pick up my child by 3:40pm?
If you are late, your child will be brought to our extended day service in the Casgrain building. You can pick them up anytime before 6:00 pm.
***Extended day fees will apply***